The mental strain of financial uncertainty, risk of injury to employees, long hours and physical demands make operating a farm a conduit for stress.
Confronted with labor shortages, potato farmers were relieved to learn of the newest automated innovations to help them operate at peak efficiency.
- USDA soliciting offers for fresh potatoes for school lunch program
- Bayer reaches agreements to resolve major Monsanto litigation
- Potato leaders urge USDA to address issues with coronavirus aid
- Wheatgrass has potential as cover, rotational crop
- Retirement auction hosted by Rivers West kicks off June 22
Historically, wheatgrass has been used as a crop in animal feed. Now, more farmers will have access to growing this beneficial crop for human consumption.
“God, family, and potatoes.” That is how Warren Henninger’s passions are listed in his obit. Henninger, a lifelong member of the potato industry, died May 23.
Hybrid potato breeding could remove the randomness of traditional breeding that makes it such an unpredictable and cumbersome process.
- National Potato Council Summer Meeting
Jun 25 ? Virtual Event
- Potatoes USA Summer Meeting
Jul 16 ? Virtual Event
- Potato Association of America Annual Meeting (virtual or canceled)
Jul 19 ? Missoula, Montana
- Empire Farm Days
Jul 29 ? Seneca Falls, New York
- Ag World Golf Classic
Aug 11 ? Kennewick & Moses Lake, Washington
- Idaho Grower Shippers Association 92nd Annual Convention
Sep 2 ? Sun Valley, Idaho
- Potato Expo 2021
Jan 6 ? Grapevine, Texas
- World Potato Congress 2021
May 31 ? Dublin, Ireland
- Agri Expo 2021
Aug 11 ? Grand Falls, New Brunswick