Knife, scissor and gardentools sharpening for your pleasure or a home business.
"Having sharp, great knives will enable you to cookvery precisely." - Eric Ripert
"Knife Sharpening School in a Box"
Our "Sharpening School in a Box" takes you through theessentials of our sharpening school. The sharpeningschool video is professionally photographed and edited,you can watch straight through or use the menu to jumpdirectly to any of the 22 chapters.
Sharpening School in a Box also includes a set ofannotated notes from our sharpening school, a copy ofour How to Start Your Own Knife Sharpening Businessbooklet, and a copy of our book Sharpening Made Easy.
Finally, student discounts can more than offset the costof the package.
In person sharpening instruction is no longeravailable.
- Chapter1 - Introduction, Sharpness Testing, KnifeSharpening Equipment; Stones, Guides andRod-Guided Systems; Recommended Books on KnifeSharpening
- Chapter2 - Knife Sharpening Equipmentcontinued; Crock Sticks. Slot Gadgets, ElectricSharpening Machines
- Chapter3 - The Knife Sharpening Process: How toSharpen a Knife. Common Mistakes,Conventional and Multi-bevel Methods, Honing, UsingOil or Water
- Chapter4 - Advanced Stuff - Knife Steels,Knife Sharpening Theory, Stropping, Using Steels,Electric Machines, Sharpening Ceramic Knives Tables:Mohs Hardness Scale, Abrasive Grit Comparison,Suppliers
- Chapter5 - Miscellaneous Stuff - KnifeSharpening Methods, Professional Knife Sharpeningmachines, Miscellaneous Sharpening Information
- Chapters 1, 2 and 3 were printed in the June andJuly 1999 issues of Knife World as A PRIMERON KNIFE SHARPENING.
- Check out my informationpage for 100+ more pages on knife sharpening
I am retired from knife sharpening, except for Friendsand Family, you know how to reach me.
Quotes about Sharpening Made Easy
SharpeningMade Easy by Steve Bottorff. Steve has triedjust about every knife sharpening system available.This slim book is a good starting point if you're justgetting into knife sharpening. Give it as a gift ...to the sharpening-challenged. Chad Ward, eGullet
"Razor Edge Book of Sharpening" Whyshould we carry this title, when we already sell theworld's greatest knife sharpening book "SharpeningMade Easy"? I wondered the same thing, soafter a good many years, we are finally going to dropthe old book. If you have other books on knifesharpening, or if you don't but have never been happywith your efforts, may we suggest Steve Bottorff's$9.95 masterpiece Sharpening Made Easy.It's a gem! Mark D. Zalesky, Editor, KnifeWorld
Updated October 7, 2018